• philipspace

October 28, 2021 at 10:58 pm
    make icon 69 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

I enjoy the community conferences, but I can understand low attendance discouraging future get-togethers.

The youtube videos have been great, though most of the time I seem to be watching them after the fact.

But I watch every one, and share them with other creators I know. Once made they’re available indefinitely, too, so it’s not like current traffic is a predictor for future interest. I feel like the big challenge right now is continually getting the word out; once you have enough eyeballs, finding interested participants gets a lot easier. I really enjoy the CBS newsletters, and I feel like those can be leveraged to bring attention to the CBS forums as well. I would propose adding links to the Brian Pulido, Darren Sanchez and other interviews with each edition to help build value, as well as upcoming events (which you already do a pretty good job there). Building an audience with a newsletter was one of the key takeaways from Mr. Pulido’s interview for me, as well as making those continual “asks”. It’s the “trickle, flow, flood” mentality, where the big hurdle is seeing past your circumstance to focus on your goal, something we all struggle with occasionally.