• izmoney10000

July 11, 2021 at 10:58 am
    make icon 18 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

This is very interesting to me. I think a good question to ask is who are your top 5 comic writers and why / what story or work of theirs made the biggest impression on you as a comic reader?

1. Garth Ennis Hellblazer run
    2. Frank Miller Dark knight Returns

3. Walter Simonson Thor Run

4. Alan Moore Watchmen

5. John Byrne FF

these books are great now the characters are not my favorites except FF. I think it would be interesting as an experiment to find out who everyone’s favorite Characters are what the ratio is male to Female race, etc. this would be more telling and more helpful for Female writers as they could write stories based on what the pulse of actual comic readers are.

And I am a huge fan of “big feet” books ex. Casper Carl Barks Ducks etc.

I have a 8 year old young girl who comes into my shop 2 times a month when she was first coming in she picked up Jem and the holograms and Disney books to start because that is what her mom had read when she was little, then she was crazy about star wars now she like the books with monsters on the covers and it is pretty interesting to watch a child buy comics because they will first buy for the cover art big colors whatever, but that kid will read and draw and look at the book hundreds of times. I always ask what happened in the story and they get so animated about it the excitement they get from reading is awesome. They dont care who writes or draws just the adventure it takes them on is enough.

The only real dream I have now for creating comics is to make a company that sells its new books for .99 and is geared towards kids / young adults where they can afford to go to the store every week and pick up something new like I did growing up.