Forums Forums Main Forum HI. I’m James McGill. My introduction and a few suggestions Reply To: HI. I’m James McGill. My introduction and a few suggestions

• redheadeded

July 6, 2021 at 2:25 am
    make icon 66 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

James,

Thank you for sharing, some people onthe forum may still be surprised to hear that, in it’s ensense, this is what created the 8 page Challenage in the first place. I, too, struggle with several shades of mental illness. These lead to self-doubt, low confidence in my abliities, (especially in the fields I want to pursue) and the catatonic stillness that comes from perfectionism. I went to NYCC in 2019 in order to kick start my creativity which had been stifled, beaten, deflatted, and left in a bluddering mess on the back floor of my mind due several rather rough years in my personal development.

Buddy also mentored me and simply asked me what it would take for me to make something, put pen to paper so to speak. I pinky promised I’d make an 8-page comic (prior to any pandemic knowledge). I went home and made myself a schedule which he edited and helped me to put in motion, and he asked to share it with the community of people that attend his panels and read his newletters, and now look at where we are?

I am glad to say he is holding me to that promise. Although, I still struggling to be ‘ok’ to be ‘enough’ to myself in my passion as an artist. I can say I know I will never fully understand what you have to deal with everyday, but I’m here too struggling and working toward being the creator I want to be. So if you need help, if you need an honest and unbias art critic, or if you just need to chat/vent about life. I’m here for you my friend.

I am glad you can be honest with yourself and others about your journey, it helps people like me to do the same. And I can say I am glad you are still here and still working toward your goals, even with all you have to deal with. Because it wouldn’t be the same without you. 😉

Welcome again. 🙂 can’t wait to see what you post next.

D. Alley, the Redheadeded