Forums Forums 8-Page Challenge #2 Introduce Yourself Reply To: Introduce Yourself

• izmoney10000

July 5, 2021 at 12:04 pm
    make icon 20 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Hello everyone! My name is Israel Rodriguez Comic Book and Gaming store owner who in his teenage years had the dream of becoming a comic book artist. After countless trips to Conventions and endless submissions to the BIG Two I never was quite “ready” for the Big Time. “lots of Raw Talent” and “send me some more” were the most common responses and after years of trudging through convention halls with portfolio in hand the need to have a “real Job” was imminent and the dream had to go on hold. But my love for comic books and the influence they had on myself as a young reader has never ended. Therefore I am here to make something happen where as before I would take not getting hired on the spot as a failure, now with age I have come to realize that I don’t need to work for the big two to have worth as an artist I just need to enjoy my gift, and if I never have a book published I will have had the experience and motivation I have been lacking for many years. Thanks everyone at the Comic Book School for giving all of us the opportunity to experiment with the fun that is making comics!