Forums Forums Main Forum HI. I’m James McGill. My introduction and a few suggestions Reply To: HI. I’m James McGill. My introduction and a few suggestions

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
    July 1, 2021 at 5:47 am

Thanks so much for sharing this valuable insight with us — we all have our superhero origin stories, and this one was no different! It takes a lot of bravery to put yourself out there the way you have and that deserves recognition. Very much like you, I also try to do every aspect of creating a story myself through self education and study. Like you, I’m sure you’ve also ran into some significant obstacles by working alone in a silo, which no doubt brought you to ComicBookSchool’s ‘front door’ so to speak.

I have no doubt that you and I aren’t the only ones attempting to face our weaknesses in socializing with creative peers as well – I think posts like this will resonate with them and hopefully make them feel more welcome and willing to take a ‘risk’ and interact here more. When it comes to impostor syndrome, I think a lot of us face that routinely while we pursue our dreams. Hell, I even get paid to do ‘artwork’ and I still feel like an impostor!

I’m looking forward to reading some of your stories — do you have any up online as of yet? I’d be happy to read some.

Anyway, thanks again for the reintroduction @james-mcgill !