Forums Forums 8-Page Challenge #1 for NYCC 2020 (COMPLETED) #8PgChallenge – STEP 1 – Story Ideas Reply To: #8PgChallenge – STEP 1 – Story Ideas

• jojabarker

April 16, 2020 at 11:20 am
    Council-21: Council of the Willing - 2021

UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
    (working title)

“We are more often frightened than hurt, and we suffer more from imagination than from reality.” –Seneca

A depressed monkey and a homicidal squirrel come-to from a party and learn they’re “roommates” until further notice.

PITCH:
    Mark and Stephen have yet to meet each other. Even at the same party they won’t cross paths until the morning. When they do, will they accept that they’re stuck with one another?

OVERVIEW:
    In the shadow of the current pandemic I’ve witnessed Fear’s power over my sanity. Through these two anthropomorphic characters (considering Mark as a Proboscis monkey, and Stephen as a Squirrel) I aim to highlight the importance of sharing our internal struggles. Let’s hope that’s what Mark and Stephen will do, or at least someone save them from each other.

SUMMARY:
    The morning after a party Mark and Stephen wake up in a strange apartment. After looking at their phones they respectively interpret the latest news: It is advised to stay home, until further notice. Only exchanging a few words will begin their decent into isolation, even from one another. By the end of that first day they’re about to kill each other, or themselves. Fortunate for them the hosts (a Polar bear and a Koala bear) return before the day is out relieving Mark and Stephen of their self-inflicted fear, and in turn sending them home…not without a lawsuit for property damage!