Forums Forums 8-Page Challenge #1 for NYCC 2020 (COMPLETED) #8PgChallenge – STEP 2 – Feedback + Plotting Reply To: #8PgChallenge – STEP 2 – Feedback + Plotting

• thesurrealari

April 16, 2020 at 8:10 am
    make icon 59 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

@georgedawkins Thank you for the feedback., Yes, there is some influence from Mr. Incredible, in the type of hero and the form of the name, but Mr. Stupendous differs from Mr. Incredible in a number of key ways: First, the tone is quite different, as Mr. Stupendous is more sarcastic and satirical (The name was chosen to play off the Mr. Incredible archetype, but with something completely absurd, that also happens to start with the same letter as the most famous Super Hero). Mr. Stupendous is also at a different life stage than Mr. Incredible. Stupendous is married, but that is his only family. The focus is mainly on him, with the relationship with the wife att he beginning and the end underpinning the tension. Mr. Incredible has a whole family and, The Indredibles is more of an ensemble piece. I think this is appropriate given that Mr. Stupendous is an 8-page comic not a full-length feature film.

The One-Punch Man comp is interesting. A number of people have recommended it to me in various unrelated contexts. I will definitely have to check it out.