• krisburgos

April 1, 2021 at 8:18 am
    make icon 62 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Guys, I really like this story a lot.

I’m not worried about the dialogue at all, I’m a bit worried that you may have a lot of panels. There’s a lot to draw with each page, at just looking at the panel count, several pages with 8 panels a page with 11… I don’t envy your job Mike.

That said, I can’t wait to see how you tackle it! There’s some great action and set pieces you have, and I’d really hate to see somethings get cut.

Now, I’m also going to add this on a purely technical level, because this is supposed to be a learning experience for everyone, and I know you both wrote this together and you both understand the paneling as you wrote it because you’re also the artist. As an outsider, it took me a few readthroughs of the first few pages to fully understand how the script works. There’s not a lot to go on for panel descriptions at least until later in the script, and I was a bit lost because of it. Again, not an issue because you’re doing it all in-house, but if you had to hand this off to artists who didn’t help you write it, I sense there would be a bunch of questions.

All said and done, with the killer character designs, I really think your comic will be great and I can’t wait to see how it turns out.