Forums Forums 8-Page Challenge #2 TEAM UP! Creator Connections – The Online Version #1 Reply To: TEAM UP! Creator Connections – The Online Version #1

• jojabarker

March 27, 2021 at 11:49 am
    make icon 66 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Hey y’all, I am Joel J. Barker, an artist who doubles as a writer. For the 2021 anthology I’m looking to work as a penciller for a writer, inker, colorist, letterer, editor, etc. i.e. a whole team due to my current technological restrictions. (My pencils will be analog, so when we reach that digitizing bridge I’ll be in great need of assistance!)

The kinds of stories I like to create include slice-of-life (THE LONELINESS OF THE LONG-DISTANCE CARTOONIST), space fantasy (SPACE-MULLET), and the most unlikely group of misfits who are tighter than their own blood relatives (KILL 6 BILLION DEMONS).

My goal in the next 1-3 years is to publish at least 1 of 2 stories inspired by my kids: A children’s picture book and an E rated comic book series like Amulet.

Here is a link to my current (pencils/sketches) portfolio https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13d-V6UG3om5oqairncA8R0O8rP1zk_V7?usp=sharing

Here is an “editorial” image that I wrote, drew, inked, and lettered.