Forums Forums 8-Page Challenge #2 Questions & Answers for Challenge #2 Reply To: Questions & Answers for Challenge #2

• philipspace

February 26, 2021 at 5:06 am
    make icon 69 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Weird. I don’t know why my last post disappeared after I tried to edit it, but I can’t seem to find it anymore. Oh well. As long as my fingers and attendant keyboard are functioning, I can always type more.

To paraphrase my previous post, I can see @redheadeded ‘s point that an 8-page challenge should logically be two less than ten but one more than seven. That being said, I confess to some confusion surrounding this subject last year, since it seemed like the page count was not necessarily set in stone either. I don’t have any real difficulty keeping a story at 8 pages, but the friend I’m collaborating with this year balks at it. That being said, should that be 8 pages and a cover? What if my story’s 10 pages? Or only 4? Obviously stopping in a story is easier than starting. That inertia once the production is in motion is much easier to maintain than generate.

This may be a topic for further discussion. While I wouldn’t want to advocate creating a greater headache for the editorial team, if the anthology is going to be published in digital form anyways, is the page count really an issue?