Forums Forums 8-Page Challenge #2 8-Page Challenge #2 > Step 1 > Story Ideas Weekend at Custer’s Or Room X02 at Paradox Place. Reply To: Weekend at Custer’s Or Room X02 at Paradox Place.

• thesurrealari

February 24, 2021 at 11:31 am
    make icon 59 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

I’m going to put in a vote for the first one. It read like one of the mo0re outrageous Doctor Who episodes (Think the Matt Smith episode, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship). I think that it is really fun, fits the lighthearted tone of your story in the first anthology, and the craziness of the dinosaurs and stuff really works well in this medium. I also think that it is perfect for an 8-page story.

My concern with the second story are twofold: 1. Can you pull it off in 8-pages? It is a bit more complicated plot-wise, and you have alimited amound of space, and 2. Since these are the same characters you used last time, is the more serious/mysterious tone something that you feel fits these characters? Think of how you want to develop the ip in the future, and whether the story fits where you want to take them.