• buddyscalera

Administrator
    April 5, 2020 at 5:03 am

Thanks for sharing your questions, @Philipspace. We’re happy to have you here with us.

Your questions and my answers. I invite anyone on the council to answer as well. Here goes.

1) Will the stories be based on pre-existing scripts, or will artists be encouraged to develop their own stories (or either/both)?

Creators are encouraged to create something new with a partner. If you are able to write and draw your own comics, you may need to collaborate with an inker, a colorist, or a letterer. You can do it all yourself or you can collaborate. This is

2) I’m assuming that these stories will be original creations. Will fan-fiction or stories involving non-creator owned characters (Spawn or Iron Man, for example) be accepted, since no compensation will be involved?

Original creations and public-domain characters only. You will retain ownership of the characters you create.

Here is a list of public-domain characters, if you want to explore that as an option.

3) I have an (as-yet unpublished) 8-page short story that I’ve illustrated using original characters. Can I submit that, or is part of the challenge demonstrating ability to follow the editorial/production schedule (arguably just as important as demonstrating ability to illustrate)?

Good question. New scripts only. Create something new and participate in the community experience.

Thanks for noting the editorial/production schedule. It’s an important skill to develop and we’d like everyone to have a shared experience.

This is “only” 8 pages. It will be a real challenge and a great learning experience for anyone who participates.