Intro, Schedule, Guidelines Coming Soon

8-Page Challenge Forums Creator Challenge – 8-Page Challenge for NYCC 2020 Intro, Schedule, Guidelines Coming Soon

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • Author
      BuddyScalera
      Keymaster

We’re just getting started here. This will feature details. Many details.

Kpei137

can’t wait to have the schedule so I can still follow along with everyone

I am in

I am in

BuddyScalera
      Keymaster

Thanks, @Rob. I know you’ll create something really good.

BuddyScalera
      Keymaster

Thanks, @Rob. I know you’ll create something really good.

Jeff Rider

IN.

Kpei137

welcome aboard everyone, can’t wait to see what everyone creates and cheer you guys on from the sidelines

maryamsmarkers

Excited to create on the comic book challenge! Can’t wait to hear updates!

maryamsmarkers

Excited to create on the comic book challenge! Can’t wait to hear updates!

A. A. Rubin

Hey guys, I’m in too. Please see my call for quotes related to the press release I’m writing about the challenge as well.

Redheadeded

OK all, Sorry I have been out of the loop a bit lately. I worked with Buddy to revise the schedule and put it in a Google calendar. This is not currently editable by the entire group but if you’d like a copy that you can use in Microsoft, or iCal, let me know and I will send you one you can bend to fit your individual needs. Please let me know if you have any problems accessing this calendar. And I will be more available in the coming weeks for help or questions.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=N2N0OGRsajBrNWE4ZWFjbGt0cXZuaHVxcjhAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

Thanks for all your help and support in the community. I am looking forward to doing with challenage with you. 🙂
      Erin.

Hey everyone,

So I’ve connected with this show/panel called “Issues With” who’ve said that they’d be willing to do an episode on our challenge and just need the information. I wouldn’t call it a press release but it’s what I’ve been doing to contribute.

Arielle Lupkin

Hey Erin, Im having trouble accessing the calender

Redheadeded

Looks like there is no way to make a sharable “open” link without making it ‘open to the public’. So for now I have just added everyone on the forums to the calendar access list. I will talk with Kevin about a possible work around. Please let me know if I missed anyone.

Thanks for letting me know!
      Erin.

Kyle Rose
      Participant

Hey Erin,

Do you mind adding me to the google calendar list? Thank you again for all the time and energy you’ve put into this. I can’t wait to be a part of it.

Thanks!

—Kyle

Redheadeded

No problem! Done, and Done.

Redheadeded

OK, all!

Buddy asked me to make just a couple final changes to the calendar. Our offical kick=off is Sunday 4/5 (so as not to start on April’s fools).

This is the final. I am not going to change the dates after we begin.

We are also not going to edit the calendar around additional holiday’s and personal busy times. Due to the fact that this is going to so many people. But please remember this is a guideline, and a loose one at that. If you do have something come up, don’t worry that you can hit one specific date, just get as much done by the next date as you can. As I said in our most recent call, the only date you have to hit is the last one. 😉

If you are not added to the calendar list please let me know. I can send you a final PDF if you’d like to request one just email me. And let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
      Erin.

BuddyScalera
      Keymaster

And here is the official press release:

https://www.comicbookschool.com/8-page-challenge-2020-one/

Joel Barker

Excellent work, y’all!

Joel Barker

Will we be “submitting” our work? And if so, how?

*Please let me know if this was covered in the 1st half of last Sunday’s meeting, or will be discussed during Kickoff.

Rakeem Nelson
      Participant

Hi guys! Super excited to see this being developed and I would love to join. I can’t wait to hear about future updates!

Jack Holder
      Participant

Psyched about this!

A. A. Rubin

Welcome Jack.

Hi. Interested in being part of this.

Leon Skograv
      Participant

Just heard about this project, and would love to join, if its not too late?

Zammap
      Participant

:v
      This is so last minute. I didn’t know about this form but I’m sure like many others I just got the email about this.

Kpei137

there is always room for more people, this is a growing group so everyone is welcome

K S
      Participant

Could you add me to the calendar ? Thanks!

A. A. Rubin

If you guys could tell me how you heard about the 8 page challenge, I would appreciate it. I’m compiling a report on our launch, and the information would be helpful. For example, did you read a blog post (where), social media post, told about it directly from a friend, etc.

Thank you in advance.

Ari

A. A. Rubin

If you guys could tell me how you heard about the 8 page challenge, I would appreciate it. I’m compiling a report on our launch, and the information would be helpful. For example, did you read a blog post (where), social media post, told about it directly from a friend, etc.

Thank you in advance.

Ari

Zammap
      Participant

Buddy comic school email listing

K S
      Participant

Ari – I got an email from Buddy’s mailing list today about it. I thought it wounded like a good idea.

Zammap
      Participant

I would like access to calendar :3
      Just saw my email

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by Zammap.
      Dustin Nelson
      Participant

Hi Erin, can I be added to the calendar?

Mark Maldonado
      Participant

How to I join?

Andrés Briano
      Participant

Hi Erin and all,
      Can you please add me too to the calendar?
      Cheers,
      Andrés

Samuel Barber
      Participant

Hello, Could you add me to access the calendar? Thank you.

Rakeem Nelson
      Participant

I saw it on the comic’s school twitter account

philipspace
      Participant

Heard about it through fb

philipspace
      Participant

I think it needs a name, like “Ashcan-tember Challenge” or something. “Ashcan by August” has a good ring, even though it’s going to press in September. 🙂

Kyle Rose
      Participant

@philipspace I like the idea of “Ashcan August” that could be a fun comic take on NaNoWriMo. Possibly another project for another time?

BuddyScalera
      Keymaster

Not sure if this will work on the boards, but here is the calendar.

`

Evan Scale
      Participant

Can you please add me to the calendar?
      Gmail: evanscaleart@gmail.com

Kris Burgos
      Participant

@thesurrealari To answer the question of how I discovered this challenge… Buddy reached out to me on Instagram.

Also, can I please be added to the calendar? Thanks! burgos.kris@gmail.com

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Kris Burgos.
      Dustin Nelson
      Participant

I think I forgot to include my email in my request to join the calendar. I’m at dlukenelson@gmail.com.

Matthew Timpanelli
      Participant

Heard about it from the comic creators workgroup discord server.

Zammap
      Participant

omg lol I’m over here trying to join the google hang out when I remembered about time zone differences V:

Kpei137

There are a few of us still on talking about the challenge

Kpei137

There are a few of us still on talking about the challenge

Zammap
      Participant

But I wanted to hear the editor talking and stuff D’:

Kpei137

There might be a VOD up at some point. I’ll mention it at the next meeting

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Skip to toolbar