Community Feedback for WIP Comics

8-Page Challenge Forums News for People Who Make Comics Community Feedback for WIP Comics

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Jarrod Elvin
      Participant

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well!
      This thread is for us to post our own WIP comic pages to seek feedback from this community. As we have learned in the 8 Page Challenge, seeking feedback is a vital part of making our projects great, and this community is a valuable resource to do so!

So if anyone has their own comic projects in the future, we can post our Works in Progress here and hopefully we can all give some feedback! I don’t think there needs to be any rush or obligation here, just casual posts if and when we have something to show, or feedback to offer.

I’m just tagging some people to get the ball rolling. Sorry if I miss anyone, or include anyone who doesn’t wish to be part. (Please tag more people if you think they might be interested)

@buddyscalera
      , @maryamsmark, @videogamingtalkblog, @blakgambit, @jojabarker, @gdawkins2, @mywritinghero, @mikedoestheart, @krisburgos, @andresbriano, @philipspace, @artsmermaid, @thesurrealari, @redheadeded, @evolver, @evanscale, @ottobott, @jholder12, @wolfshearart, @toddmatthy, @psy-sci, @shamaraman, @rakeemnelson, @mrkylerose, @johnnygoldenart, @victord2, @rickestrick, @skograv, @teamwood, @zammap, @omen1313, @sathem, @vegapunkslab, @aesthetic-derelict, @gaston, @mwkayal,

I look forward to seeing some new comic Works in Progress, and I shall post some of my own up here soon!

Zach
      Participant

Great idea @jarrodelvin!

Maja and I are finishing up the last issue of Abducted with Jay. 2.5 years in the making and the climax is looking amazing. We’re sprinting to get this done by 2020 as well. 😬

(You can read the previous 5 issues on Abductedthecomic.com)

mikedoestheart
      Participant

Great idea @jarrodelvin! I’m going to start my next comic outing early next year and I’d love to hear everyone’s feedback and share insight amongst us.

@ottobott
      – loving 5-16 — looks great and leads the eye really well through the page.

Jarrod Elvin
      Participant

@ottobot Thanks! I think this can be a very valuable and beneficial thing for us all! It’s great to see you jumping on and using it so quickly. Your pages look amazing! I can’t wait to read the previous chapters when I get the chance!

@mikedoestheart
      That’s awesome! I can’t wait to see your comic! I’ll be posting some here too very soon, although may also not be until the New Year.

Jarrod Elvin
      Participant

@ottobott Thanks! I think this can be a very valuable and beneficial thing for us all! It’s great to see you jumping on and using it so quickly. Your pages look amazing! I can’t wait to read the previous chapters when I get the chance!

@mikedoestheart
      That’s awesome! I can’t wait to see your comic! I’ll be posting some here too very soon, although may also not be until the New Year.

Jarrod Elvin
      Participant

I have a question: What do you guys think about hand-written lettering and hand-drawn speech bubbles vs typed lettering and ‘perfect’ oval computer-made speech bubbles? Do you think one is better than the other, for different reasons, most notably for a webcomic?

Evan Scale
        Participant

Personally, I think lettering should be really clear/easily readable, to allow the reader to go through it effortlessly. I would go with digital lettering for the dialogues, to avoid any issues. Now, even if hand-written lettering is done really well (allowing for an easy and pleasant read), I would still recommend digital just for how much faster it can be done. But for the sound effects, hand-written letters could really make a difference.
        For the balloons, I love the hand-drawn ones. I think that, if done right, they can provide a unique character and add to the mood/emotion.

Jarrod Elvin
      Participant

Thanks @evanscale! I like that answer! The best of both worlds! Well, at least the easiest and least time-consuming. I found making the digital word balloons took much more time than it should have in my 8-page comic, I think hand-drawn ones will be much quicker. I will go with that! Good point as well about the sound effects! Thank you 🙂

Jarrod Elvin
      Participant

Here’s another question I have: Artwork aside, what do you prefer to READ in a comic; action scenes or more dialogue-heavy story-driving scenes?
      I find story more interesting, but do you think that too much dialogue or exposition, especially at the beginning of a comic, might driver readers away? What are your thoughts?

Jarrod Elvin
      Participant

I’ve set up the basic framework webpages for my webcomic. In time I will replace all my ads with real ads, I guess when I get the ball rolling with production of comic pages and a decent amount of readers down the line. There is only one comic page on there at the moment, but this post is more about the webpage layout rather than the comic pages. You can navigate around to find more info throughout the site. https://www.mick-macks.com/MeatbucketMegaBabes.html
      Please let me know what you think. Is it easy to use, clear and readable? Anything you think I should change? I’d love to get some feedback.
      Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Skip to toolbar