Artist Forum

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Redheadeded

This is a thread for artist to post and get critc. If you are looking for feeback, advise or just a friendly word of encouragement on your art work please post here for the 8-page Challenage.

If you are a non-artist but looking to learn, and grow please feel free to add your positive feedback and opinions, always remember when commenting on other peoples work to be respectful and try to answer with reasoning as to why you feel the way you do.

And remember options are like… well you know. Let’s be respectful both given and recieving critics.

Thanks!
      Erin (AKA The Redheadeded)

Andy Seabert
      Participant

Thanks for starting an artist thread Erin. I’m just putting the offer out, that if anyone is seeking an critiques, feel free to ask. I’ve got 15 years as a high school Art Teacher, so I know how to start off with some gentle critiques πŸ˜‰
      Also, here’s a couple random brainstorm doodles I did during the meeting last night. Cheers!

Redheadeded

Great Glad to have you here Andy! please make sure to introduce yourself in the main Welcome forum as well so everyone knows who you are.

And Welcome!

Erin (AKA the Redheadeded)

philipspace
      Participant

Looking forward to this as well!
      I have an idea in mind for a story, but I’m more than happy to team up with a writer if the pitch is solid. I’m primarily a penciller, but I can handle my own inks as well. However, I feel my greatest strength has always been my storytelling. My interests lean more toward Sci-fi/fantasy, I’ve done a little western stuff, but I’m willing to challenge myself with new themes and genres as well.

My work can be found at https://www.deviantart.com/philipspace

I’m really looking forward to what everyone comes up with!

Zammap
      Participant

Going over my story with my co-writer/husband, he thinks I should do a sort of combition of these two styles. I was thinking of doing just the cartoony style but I’ll see how it goes. Since it is a silent story with no dialog the drawing style does set the mood.

From what I read so far of people’s story ideas it seems like a lot of you guys are looking for normal comic book style stuff. I guess the closet I get to that is this:

http://zammap.com/illustration.html

Redheadeded

Whoa, you guys are really talented. πŸ™‚

Thanks for posting.. going forward let’s try to keep the big big artworks to links and personal pages.. But seriously that is cool. πŸ˜‰

Can’t wait to see what you come up with for the challenages.

THanks,
      Erin (AKA the Redheadeded

Redheadeded

Hey Phillip!

Thanks for posting if you are looking for a writer or to team up with others make sure you check out the team thread here:

8 page Team Ups

Thanks,
      Erin (AKA the Redheadeded).

Bluepen
      Participant

A character rough sketches, a collaboration project with Todd Matthy for The creator challenge.

Sketch 01

Sketch 02

maryamsmarkers

There is some talent here!

Arielle Lupkin

Shaping out the characters in the comic I’m working on with Ari. It’s hard transitioning from storyboards to comic. I keep thinking about in-betweens lol. However, I am loving how this is turning out. It’s different from my normal style and the challenge of drawing mostly male characters is one I am going in full force on. Can’t wait to see how this is gonna turn out

maryamsmarkers

This looks great. Good job. I can’t wait to see more. You’re doing wonderfully.

A. A. Rubin

ICYMI, there’s a new call for illuminated flash fiction. Each story requires a one-page, full page illustration based off a 250-500 word story. If you’re interested, head over to the Flash Fiction challenge thread to collaborate with a writer.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Skip to toolbar