Reply To: Questions & Answers

BuddyScalera
Keymaster

Dear @Andreas:

1) When it comes to story, are we free to chose any theme/subject matter/genre? I assume there will be some guidelines as to what content you DO NOT want in it, right? Drugs, profanity, nudity, mullets, etc…?

We’re aiming for PG-13. While you can’t appeal to everyone’s sensibilities, we suggest you create your story to PG-13 standards. You can deal with a lot of themes in PG-13, but what you show on panel and off panel is usually what sets the rating. No nudity, no hate speech or propoganda.

If you’re working on a biography of my high-school hairstyle, then mullets are fine. Otherwise, only for horror stories.

2) What are the mandatory specs? 8 pages, original characters or public domain and Standard US comic page are clear. What about these? Color and/or B&W accepted? Rating (All Audiences, PG-13, R, XXX)? Any other limitation?

8 Pages. Original chararacters or public domain characters. PG-13

Standard comic book specs (details to be posted in our resources section; coming soon).

3) Has the total and final number of stories that will make the cut been decided yet? I assume that inclusion will be decided on merit by “judges”, correct?

We’re aiming to include everyone who participates, unless there is a need to remove a story. Since we’ll be preparing the final comic as a digital download, we don’t have a required page count for a printer or anything.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by BuddyScalera.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Skip to toolbar