Reply To: Writers Forum

Zammap
Participant

Okay so week one is just concept submission. And here are mine:

1- This one is my “back up” so to say.

I will be writing it between me and my husband, and it was my husband’s idea. Although he might think of something better given a little bit more time. This is the one I might end up drawing and pretty much doing on my own if I don’t find anyone else’s story that I click with and want to draw.

It’s a gritty post apocalyptic story that takes place in like a desert or ruined city. A wizard is trying to use magic and stuff to bring a seed back to life. Some goblins and stuff attack him/his base and they have a battle. He dies but later is seen that the seed/plant has sprouted from his corpse. All action, no dialog.

2- Writing only. I would prefer to find someone who can do a traditional realistic comic style, of which I have very little experience doing.

A little boy with super hero powers lives in a normal town in a normal world. Unlike most super hero (kids) everyone in the town knows about him and has big hopes for him when he grows up.

Conflict: Boy gets upset when he doesn’t make it to the baseball team. Teachers/coach had decided it was for the best (unfair to other teams, might injure someone). Boy contemplates what’s the point of having super powers and how it’s unfair that he can’t have a normal life.

Resolution: I don’t know XD. So far I think he should meet someone with a disability (either an adult he doesn’t know or a fellow classmate that he didn’t realize had a disability, like asthma, who also can’t play baseball). And realizes that his issues aren’t special to his own and that there are plenty of people who don’t have “normal” lives and they coupe.

In general it has no action save for a few parts where he is showing off the fact that he has powers, and lots of dialog. Not only does it explore the concept of a super hero in the real real world (no super villains, no monsters, no end of world) but one where a character comes to terms with his gifts and their disadvantages.

Okay so that’s it. I have a lot more details thought out and even the general page pacing but I’m going by the book here and only laying out the concept.

I also look forward to reading other people’s ideas/concept and hope to find one that catches my interest that I want to draw for.

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by Zammap.
  • This reply was modified 8 months ago by Zammap.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Skip to toolbar