Reply To: #8PgChallenge – STEP 12 – Submitting Art

philipspace
Participant

Question, since this is going to publication (and that’s when things can get thorny); I appreciate the care and work put into organizing this endeavor, and I have every confidence in the good faith of the administrators desire to protect the creators involved. Has there been given any consideration to release of ownership contracts for the protection of the creators?

Say that there’s a young Eastman and Laird type collaboration that gets published, and they go on to make their creation a success through self-publishing, licensing, etc. This may or may not happen, but it’s fair to say that it could, as it has in the past. What legal protection would they have for their creations?

I understand that this is a complex subject, but I feel that it would be prudent to address it now, rather than wait for something to potentially blow up later. A number of the creators have expressed an interest in carrying their work forward, and they should have some kind of good-faith agreement in place before anything goes to print, for their protection as well as the publishers.

Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Skip to toolbar