Reply To: #8PgChallenge – STEP 10 – Colors

mikedoestheart
Participant

@philipspace – per your request, I looked over your (wonderful) pages and I really don’t have anything negative to say! you maintained an aesthetic with very bright, saturated colors throughout — something I admit i have issues with at times — and like how you maintained certain color schemes during action shots to tie them in together – for example, the blue background for page 5’s lock pick breaking vs being freed with the actual key panels. You also kept the background detail to a minimum in smaller panels in order to focus on the action occuring in each individual panel, and let other bigger panels shine with detail (something i definitely didn’t quite get right in my submission, pumping in too much detail everywhere).

I was curious about the black bars in the background of pg 6, as it was the only page with that detail — could you shine some light on your thought process with that page? it could be to bring attention to a seminal event in the comic, but without the typography just yet I was wondering. Thanks!

Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Skip to toolbar